Prep time : 10 minutes
Smoke time : 60 minutes
Makes : a little over 1 pint
Smoker Pellets : Hardwood pellets in apple wood
- 1.5 pounds of ripe fresh tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion
- 1 jalapeño or Fresno chili pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- The juice and zest of 1 juicy lime (use 2 if less juicy)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange your tomatoes, onions, and peppers on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Smoke at 275 degrees F for 60 minutes.
- Place the veggies along with the remaining ingredients into the work bowl of a food processor and pulse to desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve with fresh tortilla chips or on top of burgers as a delicious topping!
The comments +