Serves : 2-4 people
Prep time : 15 minutes
Smoke time : 60-90 minutes
Braising time : 2 hours
Smoker Pellets : Hardwood pellets in apple wood
1 full rack of Five Marys Farms spare ribs
2 tart apples such as honey crisp or pink lady, cored and sliced
2 medium-sized onions, sliced
1 cup apple cider
1 cup water
1 teaspoon Five Marys spice rub
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Set the smoker to 250 degrees.
- Season the spare ribs and smoke for 60 minutes.
- Place the apples and onions into an enamel roaster or any oven-proof covered vessel.
- Place the smoked ribs in the roaster and add the cider and water.
- Season again lightly, add spice rub, and cover the pot.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for an additional 2 hours.
- To serve, spoon the apples and onions over the fall-apart-tender ribs.
The comments +