Serves : 4-6 people
Prep time : 25 minutes
Cook time : 15-20 minutes
Smoker Pellets : Hardwood pellet blend in apple wood
Cut : Five Marys Leg of Lamb
2 pounds Five Marys Farms leg of lamb meat, cut into 2-inch cubes
2 red peppers
1 yellow pepper
1 red onion
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
The juice and zest of a lemon
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
3 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- Place the leg of lamb cubes into a large mixing bowl.
- Chop the peppers and red onions into roughly 2-inch pieces (you want them to be about the same size as your meat).
- Add the pepper and onion cubes, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, zest, salt, pepper, and oregano to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Soak bamboo skewers according to the package directions.
- Start the kabobs off with a piece of onion, then pepper, then meat.
- Feel free to double up the peppers on the skewers.
- Repeat until skewer is filled, then repeat entire process over again using all ingredients.
- Preheat the grill to 375 degrees F.
- Place and cook the skewers about 7-10 minutes on each side, this will give you a solid medium rare.
The comments +