A great recipe to make a lunch, breakfast AND dinner for a 3-day weekend!
Pulled pork tacos, breakfast burritos, and sliders or sandwiches are all super simple with this delicious slow cooker recipe.
This recipe is a staple in our house. I love that I can just throw all the ingredients in and have dinner ready when we are done with a busy day on the ranch.
What you’ll need…
1 Five Marys Pork Roast (Pork Leg Steak, Boston Shoulder Roast, Boston Butt Roast, Picnic Roast)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Onion Quartered
A Few Cloves of Garlic
1 Can of Ginger Beer or Cider
Five Marys Spice Rub or Sea Salt & Ground Pepper
Optional : Green Apple or Orange Quarters
And all of Your Favorite Fixin’s for….
TACOS: tortillas, tomatoes, avocado, cheese, sour cream, hot peppers, salsa, lettuce, onions
SLIDERS: Potato/Hawaiian Buns & BBQ Sauce
BREAKFAST BURRITOS: Tortillas, scrambled eggs, tomatoes, avocado, cheese, sour cream, hot sauce
1) Allow pork roast to defrost in refrigerator (24-48 hours) or in a ziplock bag with cool running water for a few hours. *not entirely necessary, I’ve added frozen roast to the slow cooker and just cooked it a little longer!
2) Remove pork roast from vac-seal bag and pat dry, then set in slow cooker and lightly cover in olive oil, sea salt and pepper
3) Set slow cooker on low for 8 hours. (some slow cookers, high works fine too)
4) Add quartered onions and some garlic cloves around the roast, pour a cider or beer over to 1-5 inches around roast (or barely covering the flatter leg roast)
*optional: add apple slices or orange quarters for flavor,
5) add Spice Rub or more salt and pepper on top
6) let cook 6-8 hours on low (or high if your slow cooker doesn’t run too hot)
7) 1 hour before done – remove from slow cooker and pull apart meat in a dish or bowl. Remove bone and any excess fat. Return meat to slow cooker juices. Cook 1 more hour before serving.