Slow Cooker Honey Ginger Pork
Five Marys Cut: Pork Leg Roast/Steak
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper or M5 Spice Rub to taste
1 white onion, diced
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
juice of 2 limes
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 green cabbage, shredded
2 carrots, shredded
1 english cucumber, shredded or spirilized
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1) THAW pork roast over night in the refrigerator (or add in frozen, just cook a little longer!)
2) In a cast iron skillet or fry pan, HEAT 2 tbsp of olive oil.
3) DRIZZLE pork roast with olive oil and SEASON with salt and pepper.
4) When pan is hot, SEAR pork roast on all sides until deeply browned (for best results, but OK to skip this step)
5) REMOVE roast from pan, and then place into slow cooker.
6) In a bowl, whisk to COMBINE the onion, honey, coconut aminos, brown sugar, lime juice, garlic, and ginger. POUR the mixture over pork.
7) COVER slow cooker with lid. COOK for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
8) SHRED or spiralize the cabbage, carrots, and cucumber. Then combine chopped cilantro, rice wine vinegar and a pinch of salt.
9) When pork roast is fully cooked, PULL apart with two forks and remove the bone.
10) SERVE pork over slaw and enjoy!
Share your creation at #fivemarysmeats & #fivemarysslowcooking
The comments +