This is a crowd favorite version of Sloppy Joes, and everyone LOVES the tray bake!
Prep Time : 20 minutes
Bake Time : 15-20 minutes
• 1 pound of Five Marys ground beef
• 1 small red onion, diced
• 1 clove of garlic, smashed
• 1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
• 2 tablespoons of A1 or Worcestershire sauce
• 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 packaged tray of 12 dinner rolls (such as Kings Hawaiian)
• 3 tablespoons melted butter
• 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
1.) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2.) In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the onions.
3.) Once cooked, season with salt and pepper, then add garlic tomato sauce, A1 or Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, paprika, and onion powder.
4.) Simmer for 6-7 minutes.
5.) Slice the rolls in half.
6.) Butter a 9×13 glass baking tray using half the butter.
7.) Lay the bottom half of the rolls in the tray.
8.) Pour the sloppy joe mixture over the bottom bread and cover with cheese.
9.) Add top buns and brush with the remaining melted butter.
10.) Bake 15-20 minutes or until the buns are crisp and cheese is melted.
Hi Mary! Can this recipe be printable? I looked in your cookbook and it’s not there. I really like recipes on paper. Thank you
You can print this page from the blog, but we’re also working on creating a recipe card for this one 🙂