Serves : 4
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cook time : 90 minutes
Rest time : 30+ minutes
Cut : The rump roast is very lean and comes from the hind quarter of the cow.
1 3-pound room temperature Five Marys Farms rump roast
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
1 tablespoon yellow or Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon soft butter
2 teaspoons Five Marys Farms spice rub
1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves removed and minced
- Allow the roast to sit on the counter 30-60 minutes to allow for more even cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- The more room temperature your meat, the better it will cook.
- Rub the olive oil, garlic, mustard, butter, spice rub, fresh rosemary, and salt and pepper all over the roast.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and place in the oven for 90 minutes.
- This time yields a perfect medium-rare.
- Rest the roast 30 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Place in the fridge overnight before slicing for perfect roast beef cold cuts.
- Serve with au jus on a crusty roll for the ultimate French dip.
The comments +