2 pounds Five Marys Farms flat iron steak
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil, more if needed
1 tablespoon butter
1 red pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
3 cloves minced garlic
2 teaspoons sweet paprika
1 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 cup beef broth
- Slice the steak thinly against the grain, then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the steak in 2 batches, roughly 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the steak from the pan, add the sliced bell pepper to the pan, and sauté them 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and seasonings.
- You may need a touch more olive oil at this point.
- Add the steak back to the pan and coat the steak in the seasonings.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and beef broth, then pour the broth into the pan with the peppers and steak.
- Bring to a simmer until it thickens slightly.
- Serve with couscous or rice and enjoy!
The comments +