Serves : 6-8 people
Prep time : 20 minutes
Bake time : 4+ hours
Cut : The brisket comes from the front chest plate of the cow. It is comprised of the flat and point or deckle cut. The point is generally more fatty and the flat is a leaner cut.
1 5-6 pound point cut Five Marys Farms brisket
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons Five Marys Farms spice rub
1 medium yellow onion, sliced
2 carrots, diced
2 ribs of celery, diced
2 cups water
1 5-ounce can tomato paste
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Trim the excess fat off of the brisket.
- It should be no more than 1 1/2 inches thick on the surface.
- Season generously.
- Add the onions, carrots, and celery to a pot.
- Mix the water with the tomato paste and pour over the top of the beef.
- Bake 4 hours or until the roast is fork tender.
- Allow the roast to cook 30 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- Enjoy over mashed potatoes or rice.
The comments +