Prep time : 24 hours
Cook time : 6 hours minimum
Serves : 6+ people
Smoker Pellets : Harwood pellets in ‘Competition Blend’
Cut : Five Marys dry-aged point cut brisket
- 5-8 pounds trimmed point cut brisket (the difference between a point and flat or deckle cut brisket is the fat. Flat or deckle cuts have more meat, and points have more fat. Trim off all but roughly an inch of fat from the top of your brisket.)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2-3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2-3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Five Marys Farms spice rub
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- To prepare the meat, rub with all seasonings, place on a tray, and keep covered in cling film in the refrigerator overnight.
- To cook, set the smoker to 250 degrees.
- Place the meat over indirect heat on your grill.
- Smoke 4 hours, then remove and wrap tightly in foil.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the foil packet.
- Place back in the smoker 3-4 more hours.
- Remove and allow to rest 15 minutes before slicing against the grain.
The comments +