Serves : 4-6 people
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cook time : 60 minutes manual high pressure OR 6-8 hours in a slow cooker
Cut : The leg roast comes from the back upper leg area of the pig, traditionally used to make hams
3 pounds Five Marys Farms pork leg roast
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup canned diced green chilies
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 onion, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1 cup water
- Cut the pork into two-inch cubes. Using the sauté function on your Instant Pot, brown the pork in the olive oil until golden brown but not cooked through.
- Add the onions, green chilies, dried oregano, orange juice, and water.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Close the lid and set to manual pressure for 60 minutes.
- Once the pork is done, shred with a fork and turn the broiler to high.
- Add a thin layer of olive oil to a rimmed baking sheet and place the shredded pork onto it.
- Broil 3-4 minutes to crisp up the meat and sizzle fat (be careful as the meat can burn easily!)
- Serve the meat with tortillas, chopped onions, and cilantro with fresh lime (the sauce shown is Herdez Avocado Salsa).
The comments +