Makes : 8 pies
Prep time : 20 minutes
Cook time : 25-30 minutes
Cut : Five Marys Dry-aged Ground Beef
You will need a jumbo large muffin tin or a mini pie tin.
2 boxes refrigerated pie crusts (4 rolled crusts in total)
1 pound Five Marys Farms ground beef
1 medium sized onion, finely diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 large carrots, diced
3 gold potatoes, diced
1 sprig rosemary, leaves removed, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons flour
2 cups beef stock
For Egg Wash :
1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove crusts from the fridge.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef and onions in the olive oil.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, and rosemary.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the potatoes are tender, add the flour.
- Stir to coat the meat and veggies in the flour.
- Add the beef stock and gently stir 4-5 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
- Turn the heat off and prepare the muffin tin.
- Using a large biscuit cutter or glass bowl, cut rounds to fit the tin.
- Press the dough into the tin and fill with 1/4 cup of the meat filling.
- Use the same cutter to cut and place another round on top of the meat mixture.
- Press to seal the top and bottom crust.
- Repeat this process until you’ve made 8 pies.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Beat the egg and water, set aside.
- Remove pies after 20 minutes and brush them with the egg wash.
- Return to the oven 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow pies to stand 60 minutes before serving if eaten by hand.
- If serving in a bowl with a spoon, feel free to serve immediately.
Looks delish! I love these 🙂