Prep time: 15 min.
Crockpot: 4+ hours high, 6-8 hours low
Instant pot: 60 min. natural pressure release
Cut: Five Marys chuck roast, round roast, or cross rib roast
- 3-4 pounds Five Marys chuck roast, round roast, or cross rib roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano (if you have it)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Put all ingredients in either your instant pot or slow cooker.
For the instant pot, set to 60 minutes on the meat/stew setting. For the slow cooker, set to high, 4+ hours or 6-8 hours on low.
Once the meat is fork tender, shred it. Leave the shredded meat sitting in the juices.
Lay the tender Greek style beef into pita or flatbread and dress with tzatziki sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and pepperoncini.
Yum! I’m always looking for new dinner ideas to have when we’ve got company, and this seems like a definite winner.
Hope you enjoy them, Stacy! 🙂