If you struggle to get people to sign up for your email list, this resource is for you. We’re looking at email opt-in options to get people to sign up for your email list.
An opt-in is a fancy way of saying an incentive that you are offering for somebody to sign up for your email list. That can be something like a discount or free shipping. Often times it doesn’t need to be anything that’s costing you any money. It can be something like a recipe guide – when someone signs up for your email newsletter, they are automatically sent a wonderful recipe guide book that they can use to prepare the product that you sell.
Here is a guide for you to start planning a resource that will work for your ideal customer.
STEP 1 – CONSIDER WHO YOUR IDEAL CUSTOMER IS FOR YOUR OPT-IN.
- Narrow it down to who they are as a person.
STEP 2 – WHAT TYPE OF INCENTIVE WOULD GET THEM TO SIGN UP FOR YOUR NEWSLETTER?
- Examples : free shipping, discount, digital recipe book, tutorial, or DIY video.
STEP 3 – CREATE YOUR OPT-IN.
- Use Canva or Adobe for digital out-puts. Create the promo code for a discount. Film a tutorial and host it in your email service provider or google drive.
STEP 4 – CRAFT YOUR OPT-IN LANDING PAGE.
- Write the copy and set up your lead page with your email service provider such as MailChimp, Flodesk, or Convert Kit.
STEP 5 – SET UP YOUR WELCOME EMAIL TO AUTOMATICALLY SEND OUT YOUR OPT-IN.
- This is done in your email service provider.