Prep time : 10 minutes
Cook time : 20 minutes
Makes : roughly 1 quart
Cut : Five Marys Dry-aged ground beef
1 pound Five Marys Farms ground beef or ground pork (we used beef)
1 small white onion, finely chopped
Pinch of chili flakes
1 teaspoon paprika
2 cloves crushed garlic
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
16 ounces sliced Velveeta or white American cheese
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1 15-ounce can of drained red beans
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 sliced jalapeño
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, brown the ground beef and onions over medium heat.
- Add the seasonings, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add the Velveeta or American cheese.
- Once the cheese begins to melt, add the milk and lower the heat to medium-low.
- Stir gently until the cheese has completely melted.
- Add the shredded cheddar and beans.
- Gently stir to combine.
- Garnish with halved cherry tomatoes, cilantro, and sliced jalapeño.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
The comments +