Serves : 4-6 people
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cook time : 15 minutes
- 2 bunches asparagus, peel bottoms if thick
- 1 packet Haloumi cheese, sliced and brushed with olive oil
- 2 handfuls of sugar snap peas, cut lengthwise
- 1/2 cup smoked or roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup preserved lemon sauce
- 3-4 handfuls of wild arugula
- Salt and pepper
Cut the bottom inch of the asparagus or snap (they will break at the woody end).
Peel the bottom half of the Asparagus and blanch in salted water.
Bring large pot of water to a boil with enough salt to taste salty.
Add a handful of asparagus at a time and bring back to a boil.
Remove asparagus to ice water and repeat.
When all asparagus is cooked, drain ice water and let asparagus dry on towels.
If asparagus is small, grill with a little olive oil until nicely colored and cool on tray.
Grill halloumi and cool on a tray.
In a bowl, add and toss the asparagus, snap peas, arugula, and half of the lemon sauce.
Pile asparagus on a platter. Place haloumi on top and drizzle with preserved lemon sauce and chopped almonds.